The Movie Wizard

Movies can and will be judged based on artistic value, uniquity, evidence of talent, and valid motivation. Submit requests for reviews, and compare your own views to my past posts to get an idea of where we agree and where we don't!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sorry I'm late...

Last week I was too busy packing for my weekend at the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame and I didn't post my recommendation for what movies to go see. For the record, it would've been The Brothers Grimm - which I did catch and which was marvelous.

This weekend I am also late, but I will be recommending at least The Transporter 2 - C:2, E5, A2, M-3/+1, TN. The plot is like swiss cheese - thin and full of holes - but it somehow manages to support a mountain of whipped cream that is the incredible fighting and driving action powered by Jason Statham and his tough jawline.

Let's see what else is out there this weekend...

A Sound of Thunder: C:2, E3, A2, M-0/+2, TN, Go See It? No.

Based on a Ray Bradbury short story about a man who goes back in time on a dinosaur hunting gig and ends up screwing up history - good story, bad adaptation. Probably will get people thinking about the nature of time and that's always a good physics object lesson, but not much else worthwhile here. sorry.

Underclassman: C:1, E2, A1, M-1/+0, TN, Go See It? No.

This should be one of those movies that my readers don't even have to think about anymore - anything that is done in this movie has been done better by Kindergarten Cop, Beverly Hills Cop, anything else ending in "cop" or starring someone funny as a cop. Cop goes undercover in a school. Wow. Whoever thought that one up seriously must've eaten their WHEATIES that morning. What a waste of good film.

Well that's it for this weekend. Next week I start school (as a teacher) - maybe this will put me in touch better with what the "cool kids" are watching. So I can tell you to avoid it.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irrelevantly, swiss cheese and whipped cream sounds like a really gross combination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home